Siemens Building Technologies is recalling approximately 9,000 smoke detector fire alarms because they can fail to sound. The products at issue are Siemens Building Technologies Audible Base (Model SBGA-34, Part Number S54370-F13 and date codes 0113 through 2314 in a WWYY format printed on a white label on the back of the unit. “MODEL SBGA-34” is printed on a blue label also affixed to the back of the device) .
- Cerberus PRO models (OOHC941, OOH941, OH921, OP921, HI921)
- Desigo Fire Safety models (FDOOTC441, FDOOT441, FDOT421, FDO421, FDT421)
- H-Series (HFP-11, HFPT-11, HFPO-11)
- Faraday 87XX-Series, models (8713, 8712, 8710)
- Siemens model FireFinder® XLS via DLC 6312 Device Loop Card
- Siemens model FS -250
- Desigo model FC2005, (50-point panel)
- Desigo model FC2025, (252-point system)
- Desigo model FC2050, (504-point system)
- Cerberus PRO FC901, (50-point panel)
- Cerberus PRO FC922, (252-point system)
- Cerberus PRO FC924, (504-point system)
- Faraday models MPC-600 & MPC-7000
The fire alarm base can fail to sound an alarm, posing a risk of personal injury and property damage. This only involves SBGA-34 audible bases sold from February 2013 to June 2014.
If you believe you may have a suspect Audible Base, Siemens advises you to call Siemens Building Technologies Customer Support Team – 1-800-516-9964.
Link to official safety recall notice
Link to Siemens product recall page